717 N. Harwood, Suite 2880
Dallas, Texas 75201
Direct and fax: 214.231.3246
Current Scope of Practice
Veronica Valdez is a trial attorney who represents clients involved in litigation across North Texas. As a student, Veronica knew she wanted to become a trial attorney and focused on the litigation practice area. Her courtroom experience began when she served as a student attorney representing indigent clients in the SMU Legal Clinic Program. Additionally, she gained advocacy skills as a veteran team member on the ABA Client Counseling Team.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2005
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Admitted, State Bar of Texas, 2012
- SMU Dedman School of Law Emerging Leader Board
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Commercial Auto and Trucking Litigation
- Construction Defect and Construction Litigation
- Personal Lines Auto Litigation
- Premises Liability Litigation
- Personal Injury and Tort Defense
- Product Liability Litigation
Representative Litigation Matters
- Insurance defense of individuals in personal injury lawsuits related to motor vehicle accidents or personal liability under homeowner’s insurance.
- Defense of national insurance companies in first-party uninsured/underinsured motorist and bad faith claim denial cases.
- Defense of national and mid-sized companies in deceptive trade practice cases.
- Representation of national trucking companies in serious personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits involving commercial vehicles.
- Representation of national retail chains and other commercial entities in premises liability lawsuits.
- Defense of contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation and arbitration, including electrical, masonry, structural steel, framing, plumbing, concrete, waterproofing, HVAC, and roofing.
Veronica was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. She enjoys spending time with her husband and their two sons and Morkies. Personal interest include cooking, soccer, football, and travel.
Veronica’s family is from Argentina and El Salvador. She is a native Spanish speaker and can read and write in Spanish.