Shawn M. Stewart
Direct and fax: 214.231.3249
Current Scope of Practice
Shawn Stewart has defended clients throughout the State of Texas in cases involving serious personal injuries, construction litigation, premises liability, and insurance coverage questions. He currently handles cases ranging from claims for minor property damage to wrongful death, in all aspects from initial investigation to alternative dispute resolution to jury trial.
- Rice University, B.A., 2001
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Admitted, State Bar of Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Commercial Auto and Trucking Litigation
- Construction Defect and Construction Litigation
- Personal Lines Auto Litigation
- Premises Liability Litigation
- Personal Injury and Tort Defense
- Insurance Coverage
Representative Litigation Matters
- Defense of contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation and arbitration.
- Representation of business owners and contractors in premises liability suits.
- Insurance defense of personal injury lawsuits related to motor vehicle accidents involving serious injury or death.
- Defense of employers in non-subscriber work injury claims.
- Analysis of coverage obligations in oilfield, construction, and business automobile incidents.
- Recovery of property damages to commercial vehicles.
Shawn grew up in Mesquite, Texas and is married to Dr. Lisa Rosen, a professor of psychology at Texas Woman’s University, with whom he has two daughters. He spends time outside of work reading, traveling, and spending time with his family.