Samuel J. Polak
Direct and fax: 214.231.3250
Current Scope of Practice
Sam Polak is an experienced trial attorney who represents clients involved in litigation across North Texas. He has successfully tried over one hundred jury trials to verdict over the past twenty-five years in cases involving trucking and automobile litigation, construction litigation, personal injury defense, first party insurance claims, premises liability, product liability and wrongful death litigation, resulting in favorable results for the client. He was selected as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. He was selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers by his peers in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- Louisiana State University, B.A., 1990
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Admitted, State Bar of Texas, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Commercial Auto and Trucking Litigation
- Personal Injury and Tort Defense
- Construction Defect and Construction Litigation
- First Party Insurance Claims
- Personal Lines Auto Litigation
- Premises Liability Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation
Representative Litigation Matters
- Representation of national trucking companies in serious personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits involving commercial vehicles.
- Insurance defense of personal injury lawsuits related to motor vehicle accidents.
- Defense of national insurance companies in first-party UIM and bad faith cases.
- Defense of contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation and arbitration, including electrical, masonry, structural steel, framing, plumbing, concrete, waterproofing, HVAC and roofing.
- Representation of national retail chains in premises liability lawsuits.
- Defense of national manufacturers and distributors of products including heavy equipment, lighting fixtures, water coolers, roofing products, electrical equipment, plumbing products, retail products and automobile/trailer component parts in product liability cases.
Sam is married to Jennifer, a CPA. They have two children. He grew up in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Personal interests include fishing, hunting, baseball, college football and running, having completed marathons in a number of cities around the country.