717 N. Harwood, Suite 2880
Dallas, Texas 75201
Direct and Fax: 214.231.3259
Current Scope of Practice
Heather Forgey is experienced in litigating disputes centered on a variety of allegations from simple negligence to medical malpractice, products liability, construction defect, and premises liability. She enjoys the fast-paced nature of litigation and thrives when called upon to discover, understand, and communicate the fundamental notions of fairness and justice at issue in complex disputes. She was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- University of California, Davis, B.S., 2001
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 2004
- Admitted, State Bar of Texas, 2005
- Admitted, State Bar of California, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- General Tort Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Product Liability Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Construction Defect and Construction Litigation
- Premises Liability Litigation
Representative Litigation Matters
- Insurance defense of individuals in personal injury lawsuits related to motor vehicle accidents or personal liability under homeowner’s insurance.
- Defense of physicians and hospitals in cases alleging medical malpractice relating to surgical procedures, wound management, childbirth, and emergency department medical and communication standards of care, among others.
- Representation of businesses in State and Federal Courts across the United States in complex and multi-jurisdictional tort litigation, including coordinating the national defense of matters involving complex allegations.
- Defense of product liability cases involving specialized expert testimony in topics such as chemical engineering, industrial safety standards, hematology, industrial hygiene, among others.
- Defense of contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation.
Heather was born and raised in California, relocating to the Dallas area after law school. She is married to her law school study buddy, Jason, a real estate and title attorney, and together they have three school-aged kids and two dogs. In her free time, you can find Heather in a Pilates class, studying theology, or traveling.