Telephone: (214) 231-3246
Facsimile: (214) 220-0439
Current Scope of Practice:
Veronica Valdez is a trial attorney who represents clients involved in litigation across North Texas. As a student, Veronica knew she wanted to become a trial attorney and focused on the litigation practice area. Her courtroom experience began when she served as a student attorney representing indigent clients in the SMU Legal Clinic Program. Additionally, she gained advocacy skills as a veteran team member on the ABA Client Counseling Team.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2005
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Admitted, State Bar of Texas, 2012
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Commercial Auto and Trucking Litigation
- Construction Defect and Construction Litigation
- Personal Lines Auto Litigation
- Premises Liability Litigation
- Personal Injury and Tort Defense
- Product Liability Litigation
Representative Litigation Matters:
- Insurance defense of personal injury lawsuits related to motor vehicle accidents.
- Defense of national and mid-sized companies in deceptive trade practice cases.
- Representation of national trucking companies in serious personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits involving commercial vehicles.
- Defense of contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation and arbitration, including electrical, masonry, structural steel, framing, plumbing, concrete, waterproofing, HVAC and roofing.
Veronica was born and raised in the Dallas, Texas. She enjoys spend time with her two nephews, and taking her dogs to the dog park. Personal interests include cooking, soccer, football, travel, and she is the assistant coach for the SMU ABA Client Counseling Team.
Veronica’s family is from Argentina and El Salvador. She is a native Spanish speaker and can read and write in Spanish.